Supplier Management Solutions Inc. is looking for a dynamic and highly motivated Director of Business Development. This individual must be able to handle a fast paced, high demand environment and have the ability to make things happen. We are looking for someone with established contacts within the aerospace industry and can hit the ground running. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to make a direct impact within a rapidly growing company. The Director of Business Development will lead the global effort in driving new business. Interact regularly with leadership team to ensure alignment on business development objectives and execution. Lead the creation and execution of highly effective marketing support materials to share with prospective customers in the domestic and international market. Drive prospect engagement, business plan development, contract negotiation, to signed contract.
Sales Opportunity Description:
• Drive business development activities leading to new business
• Work directly with the President in executing the strategic business development plan
• Manage sales leads, opportunities and contacts
• Prepare and deliver sales presentations and quotes
• Manage sales and revenue forecasts to the business plan
• Provide contacts within the targeted customer base and schedule high level strategic meetings
• Assist in analyzing RFP’s and preparing responses to ensure compliance and responsiveness to customer requirements.
• Manage customer communication regarding change orders that may be required, order status and tracking
• Maintain all customer contract files
• Produce regular business development and marketing activity reports
• Coordinate and communicate with internal cross-functional departments related to business development activities
• Perform other related job duties as required
• Eight to ten years business development experience with proven measurable results
• Experience in the aerospace industry required
• Experience in the aerospace industry with third party services preferred
• Project management experience preferred
• Contract management experience
• An enthusiastic and a positive attitude and a motivated self-starter
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Customer Service oriented-ability to resolve issues with customers in an appropriate manner with positive results
• Leverages solid manufacturing acumen to understand customer requirements
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• This position is based out of a home office and travel is required (50% plus)
About the Company:
Supplier Management Solutions (SMS) is a growing company in the aerospace industry and we are seeking qualified candidates that are customer service driven with a strong desire to produce quality results while helping to continue building and developing relationships with our customers and their respective suppliers. SMS is based on decades of experience in supply chain management “to bring parts home on-time, every time.” SMS has proven our ability to provide an exemplary service to some of the industry's largest aerospace companies. Our approach helps make part shortages a thing of the past, giving value to our customers.
Supplier Management Solutions, Inc. (SMS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration. Except where otherwise provided by law, selection will be made without regard to, and there will be no discrimination because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.